Galen offers to use wall ties made of basalt fiber reinforced polymer material (BFRP) in construction industry. These wall ties are designed to connect a bearing wall with a facing layer and insulation material placed between them. BFRP products make it possible to improve quality & strength of objects under construction, deliver solution to the problem of thermal bridging, reduce thermal conductivity of walls & self-cost of construction.
DesignThe wall ties is a basalt rods with one or two sand anchors, or a continuous sand cover. Depending on the form of a wall ties, the design includes an anchor element and the plastic restrainer.
Advantages of BFRP wall ties:
- Low thermal conductivity. The thermal conductivity coefficient of BFRP material - 0.46 W/m2, while of metal is 56 W/m2. Therefore, thermal conductivity of BFRP is 100 times lower. Galen wall ties solve the problem of thermal bridging occurring in metal constructions.
- High corrosion- and chemical resistance. BFRP is resistant to corrosion and aggressive impact of alkali environment of concrete mortar.
- Low density. BFRP wall ties are 3.7 times lighter than metal ones and reduce loads on construction foundation.
- Strength and durability. Composite products by Galen are 3 times stronger than metal ones. Wall ties retain physical and mechanical properties in acid, warm and moist conditions.
- Fire safety. Tests, performed according to GOST 30247.0-94 30247.1-97, showed that ultimate fire resistance of a panel with BFRP wall ties inserted into it equals to 151 minutes.