Faced dowels for rainscreens
Intended useThe façade dowels are designed to provide fixing of a thermal insulation layer to various types of base material during installation of rainscreens.
DesignThe façade dowel consists of the following components:
- anchoring element – plastic plug;
- expansion element – BFRP bar;
- plate-shaped element – restrainer from impact and frost resistant plastic.
MarkingSPD 100-6, where:
SPD – construction plastic dowel;
100 – dowel element, mm;
6 – bar diameter, mm.
from 100 to 260 mm
Length of a plug anchoring section
Plate-shaped element diameter
Bar tensile strength, not less than
1 000 MPa
Bar bending strength, not less than
1 000 MPa
Dowel bending pull-out force from concrete B 25, solid brick, aerated concrete, not less than
160 / 140 / 100 N
from -45 to +45 0Ñ
Dowels needed per 1 sq. m
15 - 6 units.
InstallationHeat insulation fastening constructions are reliable and easy to install. Use of basalt or glass fiber spacer improves their strength and makes these constructions thermally non-conductive. The dowel can be used for fastening of insulation boards of any thickness.
1. Space openings according to design drawings.
2. Drill an opening in a base through an insulation layer. A drill should be 10 mm in diameter, while depth of an opening should exceed length of a corresponding dowel sleeve by 10-15 mm.
3. Use compressed air for removing dust from openings.
4. Insert an assembled dowel into an opening and hammer it in until a cap of a pin is aligned with insulation surface.
5. Finish the surface in stucco or install a suspended façade after dowels are fastened.
Minimum 5-6 dowels are required per 1 m2 of a blank wall.
For wall insulation spacing between SPD dowels both in vertical and horizontal directions should be 500 mm.
Galen façade dowels installation can be performed at lower temperatures. Dowel locking pins are made of freeze and impact resistant polypropylene, which provides survive installation.
- Technical specifications “Galen construction hammered-in dowels” TU 5714-005-3101102-2009;
- Certificate of compliance No. POCC RU.AÃ98.Í12470;
- Technical Approval TS ¹ 3650-12.