Galen increases production capacities for wall ties for gas concrete
june 6, 2014
Anchors (wall ties) made from basalt fiber reinforced polymer and designed to connect a brick facing layer with an inner gas concrete wall are bars of a circular cross-section with a molded screw plug at the end. This type of a composite anchor made from a nanostructured basalt fiber reinforced polymer designed to replace steel analogues is unique on the domestic and world construction markets. It can be used both in two layer (gas concrete and masonry) and three layer (gas concrete, insulation, masonry) structures. The closest analogue is steel wall ties, but their use causes a problem of “thermal bridges” and increases thermal conductivity of gas concrete.
The advantages of basalt fiber wall ties manufactured by Galen:
- Secure fixing of structure components;
- Improvement of energy efficiency, solution to "thermal bridging”;
- Improvement of temperature and humidity operation conditions;
- Reduction of costs for construction;
- Easy installation;
- Improvement of temperature uniformity.